My idealized self never misses appointments, has beautiful curated to-do lists, and is tracking her short term and long term goals with real progress each week. So it shouldn't surprise you that I am a planner person.
Since I am far from my idealized self (like, really far away. That woman, if she exists, is so not me), I try to find products and processes that get me just one step closer to that goal.
Plan is the most comprehensive planner/agenda app I've found. And I've tried a ton. They describe themselves as a "collaboration software that intelligently organizes projects, tasks and meetings from all the tools you and your team use." I use it for my personal life and was able to completely transition from my Passion Planner to Plan in a matter of hours, just as I was entering one of the busiest seasons of my life.
Seriously, my life was a pressure cooker.
The reason why I love Plan and couldn't make other calendar apps work, is that there is synergy between my schedule (meetings & events) and the heavenly host of stuff that needs to get done. Usually we schedule events and deadlines in our gCal accounts. But where does everything else fall?
My categories are Work, School, Projects - like enoma.co, and Adulting. Every week there's a variety of minutiae demanding to be taken care of in these various categories. If I don't set aside the time to actually do these tasks, I'll likely forget them. Worse, I'll remember them but at the most inconvenient times.
I'll just be lying in bed trying to fall asleep on Friday night and then I'll remember that my prescription is full at the pharmacy by my office and I've forgotten to pick it up all week.
I learned when burning through every cutesy planner design on Instagram that I need a planner that lets me see the week and plan by the hour. Passion Planner was perfect for that. I had a birds eye view of my obligations and goals, as well as a local view of what steps I was taking each week to get things done. Plan does this, but with push notifications.
Here's what I like about Plan
- You can add and sync multiple calendar accounts
- You can create to-do lists for different areas/projects in your life
- Your tasks and events sync back to your calendar - so you don't have to be logged in
- You can hide/view other calendars that have been shared with your email
- You can plan out when you will do your tasks (a favorite feature of mine)
- You can make recurring tasks, set due dates, and mark priority levels
- You can view completed tasks
- All of these features are included in the free version!
There are some things that aren't so great
- The reporting feature was amazing - but stopped working for my account months ago.
- There is no Android app. There is one for iOS but no love for Android there.
- The latest desktop version of the app does not load well in mobile browsers. They've recently launched a web app for all mobile devices. I haven't used it regularly, but it looks promising.
If you're looking for a digital solution for scheduling & planning, I'd highly recommend this one. If you'd like to hear more about how to make the transition to Plan.co, let me know in the comments below.
This is not a sponsored post. I just really like Plan. :)